Another Award Oh My!!*
Huge thanks to my blogging friend Summer at Summer4Soul who has kindly nominated me for the ‘Lovely Blog Award’. Please drop over and visit her lovely blog as she deserved this honor and was rightly nominated also.
Isn’t it a wonderful thing, to receive an award for doing something that you love!
I must admit it is not something I am used to, aside from a couple of ‘Participation Certificates’, I have only ever received two other awards that I can think of (before I began blogging that is). One was for ‘Best Attendance’ at Pony Club when I was a girl, and the second was ‘Rookie of the year’ for my first part-time job at McDonalds. I didn’t even know these awards existed until I received them, so you can imagine the lovely surprise to know that my dedication to horse riding and doing my best at work was noticed.
Yet for some reason these blogging awards have a very different feel to them. I am dubious that I can write well, as I have never received any formal training and I am not ready to show any of my finished works to a publisher to gain constructive feedback. My calling was giving to me from left field, I did not plan to become a ‘writer’, yet once I began writing I found this immense joy springing forth as I poured my ideas out onto the page in front of me. To receive awards that let me know someone has connected with my words encourages me more than you can know. Thank you so so much!
Seven facts about me:
- I prefer savoury to sweet
- My favourite band is ‘The Waifs’ (Folk Blues)
- The history of Marie Antionette fascinates me
- I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Olympics with my family this year, more than any other year
- I would love to see Europe soon
- I have written a few children’s books (Yet to show them to a publisher mind you)
- I recently discovered, after years of refute, that I love Indian food
Blog’s I nominate for the Lovely Blog Award: Please check them out..
- Tj’s Garden
- SAB Inspirations & More
- The Insanity of Motherhood
- Sober Boots
- A Life Less Scripted
- The Journey of a Woman
- Life of a Female Bible Warrior
- Annie Wald
- Power of Positive Thoughts
- Sunshine’s Reflections
- Mom in the Muddle
- The Lighthouse
- Subhan Zein
- Close Families
- From a Humble Servant’s Heart
Once again let me express how much joy blogging has brought me, I appreciate every one of my readers and am encouraged by your comments. Please let me know if you have dropped by and lets share in the joy of Faith, Truth and Self-Awareness together!